At the moment most Arsenal fans are happy to see the 2019-20 Premier League season come to an end. But perhaps in years to come we can look back on it as the starting point for Mikel Arteta reviving the club. The Gunners ended the season in 8th place on 56 points. Their worst league finish since the 1994-95 campaign, in which they finished 12th. But just three years later Arsenal were lifting the league trophy.
As part of the season wrap up, here is a look at where some of the current players rank on the all-time lists for Premier League appearances and goals.
All-Time Premier League Appearances
- Mesut Ozil - 22nd - 184 appearances
- Hector Bellerin - 30th - 158 appearances
- Granit Xhaka - 40th - 130 appearances
- Shkodran Mustafi - 59th - 99 appearances
- Alexandre Lacazette - 62nd - 97 appearances
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 70th - 85 appearances
If Ozil continues with Arsenal next season, he is just 16 league matches away from becoming the 17th player to hit 200 appearances in the Premier League. The club’s current leader is Ray Parlour with 333.
All-Time Premier League Goals
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 9th - 54 goals
- Alexandre Lacazette - 13th - 37 goals
- Mesut Ozil - 15th - 33 goals
- Granit Xhaka - 51st - 8 goals
- (tied) Hector Bellerin & Shkodran Mustafi - 55th - 7 goals
- Nicolas Pepe - 68th - 5 goals
Current manager Mikel Arteta has 14 league goals for the Gunners which puts him tied for 34th all-time. If Aubameyang were to stick around on a new deal he could easily jump into the top five (currently Olivier Giroud with 73 goals).
Thanks to 11v11 for the data. Interesting that the top six current players feature the same names for both stats. How many Premier League appearances could Bellerin eventually rack up if he remains the starting right-back? In a few years time do you expect to see Eddie Nketiah or Gabrielle Martinelli quickly moving up Arsenal’s all-time standings?