It’s been almost a month since the Premier League was suspended because of coronavirus, and, honestly, we’ve got no idea when it will be coming back. The biggest change, football-related, is losing the regularity of matches on the weekends; I always knew what I was doing on Saturday and Sunday mornings (plus Tuesday and Wednesday evenings). I miss that.
But I also miss smaller, more specific things, so I’ve compiled a non-exhaustive list of some of them.
- Watching the side walk out onto the pitch in those beautiful red kits (or the stylish yellow ones).
- Hearing the support, home or away, singing at the tops of their lungs.
- Mikel Arteta: his perfectly coiffed hair
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: his incredible movement, his joy when he scores, his bromance with Alexandre Lacazette and Nicolas Pépé. It’s sad to think that he may have played his last game in an Arsenal shirt.
- Mesut Özil: just generally, but especially him picking passes that few other players could even imagine. I also miss his patented volley into the ground technique that utterly bamboozles keepers.
- Matteo Guendouzi and Sokratis: their constant shithousery and antagonizing of opposing players will never get old.
- Bernd Leno: making fantastic saves weekly, yet somehow still being underrated and underestimated by the footballing public at-large
- Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli, Reiss Nelson, Eddie Nketiah: and the rest of the Arsenal youngsters. It’s been a while since the club has had such a talented crop of young players. It’s exciting, and a bummer that we aren’t getting to see them right now.
- And pretty much everything else. I miss it all.
What things do you miss most about Arsenal?