According to the Mirror, the injury to Alexis Sanchez was as feared, and that's not all we'll be missing at midweek:
Chilean forward Sanchez is facing a three week lay-off with the hamstring injury which saw him limp off at Norwich on Sunday.
Not good. In all, Arsenal are looking at a Sunday clash at home against Sunderland missing out on eight first team players with the final Champions League Group F game against Olympiakos looming, Dec. 9.
The report goes on to update a couple others' injury statuses:
- Santi Cazorla's knee scans aren't back, but the worry is that it's ligament or nerve damage.
- Laurent Koscielny should return mid-week. Arsenal escaped on this one.
- Mikel Arteta is two weeks out with his calf injury.
- Kieran Gibbs could return this weekend.
- Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere are looking at Christmas closing out the injury timetable.
- Tomas Rosicky, Danny Welbeck and Francis Coquelin will take into 2016 to return.