Welcome to yet another new TSF ongoing series, Kids These Days (h/t to PDB for the name). In this series, we'll take a closer look at an Arsenal youth prospect, dissecting their strengths and weaknesses, analyzing their character solely from social media, and gauging their chances of making it to the first team.
It makes sense that to kick off this series with someone who will likely be on the bench for the first-team this weekend due to Arsenal's ailment accretion: Ainsley Maitland-Niles.
- Maitland-Niles is a 17 year old human being that can grow a better mustache than this 28 year old writer (ED. NOTE: and this 45 year old one).
- He has been at Arsenal since he was six. (SOURCE: THIS AWESOME VIDEO)
- He possesses the "Greg Oden gene" which causes him to look like a 41 year old habitual smoker.
- Likes to be called "Ains." I prefer typing AMN, but that's just me.
- Owner of the most British name in the Arsenal set-up, narrowly edging out Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. In the end, Alex is just too normal a name.
- Height: Goes up to Semi Ajayi's shoulder. (Ajayi is 6'4, so Ains is probably in the 5'8-5'10 range right now.)