I've been far too negative about the Arsenal lately, both in my mind and on the blog. So, herein and below, I shall only list the positive things I feel about Arsenal right now.
Everyone listening to the above? Good. Here we go:
- Arsenal are NOT queueing up for soup and scabby sores.
- Bacary Sagna is back in full training.
- Kieran Gibbs is not far behind him.
- Jack Wilshere, when he returns, will be fresh and angry, and he's just what Arsenal need in the center of midfield right now.
- Thomas Vermaelen may soon get to move back to center half next to Laurent Koscielny.
- Arsenal have no flappers -- at least not in the starting lineup! Hey-o! Fabianski joke!
- Robin van Persie is still a deadly finisher.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is a fun guy to watch run around doing football-related things on a football pitch.
- He is also very good at doing those football things like kicking footballs hard and passing footballs accurately to his fellow football guys.
- Gervinho isn't gone forever and offers some things Arsenal could use.
- Arsenal are above approximately 150 other professional English football clubs in the table. Things could be worse (could be stabbed).
- Arsenal have a ton of money, which is more than most clubs can say.
- Arsenal are not the Minnesota Vikings.
- If they play their cards right, Arsenal will slowly be able to clear choking wages off their books and slowly build a new wage structure.
- The players are holding team meetings to try to sort things out.
- Arsenal are still in the Champions League (I can think of two clubs that are no longer in the Champions League).
- Nico Yennaris.
- Still have home matches against Spurs, Chelsea, City, and Newcastle.