Has everyone recovered from their World Cup lacunae? To help fill that void, here are your Arsenal links for today:
- As if they are trying to prove that transfer speculation is really nothing more than sensationalism to sell newspapers, today the Guardian print that Cesc Fabregas may stay after all.
- A Cultured Left Foot talks about the new kit's carbon footprint, pointing out that while helpful, making kits out of old bottles does not solve everything.
- Arsenal have released five youth and reserve players, including Kerrea Gilbert, who had made a handful of less-than-stellar Carling Cup appearances last season.
- On the other hand, the club has fully completed the signing of Bolivian midfielder Samuel Galindo, who looks promising: 6'2", box-to-box, left-footed central midfielder, captain of his U21 side? Okay!
- Arsène Wenger said back in January that Galindo will most likely go on loan for his first season here; maybe another Premier League side could use him as Bolton have used Wilshere. Getting Prem experience cannot hurt at all.
- 7AM kickoff demonstrates the amazing misplaced social power of Facebook with one simple JPEG.
- And finally, because it's always good to see Peter Schmeichel helpless: Vieira.