Good morning, everybody. Is it time for the new season to start yet?
Here are your Arsenal links for Thursday:
- Arsène Wenger talks about needing to be steadier at the back; presumably he is close to signing one or two center halves to work with Vermaelen and Djourou?
- A Cultured Left Foot talks about various transfer rumors involving Joe Cole and goalkeepers, and points out that finding a new man to put in goal might be prohibitively expensive.
- Sky Sports has video of Wenger talking about his disappointment and sympathy for Theo Walcott and Samir Nasri after their nations did not include them in their World Cup squads.
- The Guardian, Telegraph, and Daily Mirror all have slightly different, that is to say, diametrically opposed ideas, of Arsenal's stance on signing Joe Cole, perhaps negatively demonstrating that nobody really knows anything ever when it comes to transfer rumors.
- And finally, being a sucker for old footage of sports, here is some newsreel footage of Ted Drake demolishing Aston Villa in 1935.
Enjoy the rest of your day, wherever you are.