First off, apologies for not having a link roundup on Sunday; the Blackburn match was first and foremost on the docket. Secondly, before getting into the links, I would like to point out that if people are not already, you can follow The Short Fuse on Twitter. And thirdly, I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the blog so far; I will work on promoting FanPosts and FanShots to the front page more often moving forward. Also, the comments have been great. Please keep them coming!
Now then. The links:
- For those who have not yet seen it, Desigunner's analysis of Blackburn's tactics for their goals on Monday is excellently done and great fuel for debate.
- Arsène Wenger, The Short Fuse's preferred source for all transfer rumors (since 95% of the names discussed elsewhere don't appear on an Arsenal shirt ever), says that he will target players with experience this summer. He notes that the transfer market has changed with more clubs having extensive scouting networks and "steals" becoming much rarer. He also believes that English players will not have their fees as artificially inflated this year.
- Arseblog says that it is hard to know what Wenger is really thinking, since he seems to contradict himself, and that he should focus on Fulham (no disagreement there).
- The Guardian reports that Sol wants to stay.
- They also have some quotes from potential signing Marouane Chamakh, who is "counting the days" until he comes to the Emirates. Nothing official has been said about his signing yet, of course, so one must wait and see, but it's interesting that he has more or less said that he's on his way.
- The Moroccan striker has also told the Telegraph that he rejected "crazy money" offers from Russia as well as an (presumably less "crazy") offer from Tottenham.
- And finally, "look at that, oh! look at that."