It's been a bit of a slow week as Arsenal's 2009-10 campaign coasts to its conclusion. As Alan Davies put it on the It's Up For Grabs Now podcast, "It feels like the season ended about two years ago".
- Of course, when things get slow, the press start throwing names around for potential signings. Enter the excellent work that the Arsenal Silly Season blog is doing, tracking all of the Arsenal transfer rumors across the media. When one stacks them all up like that, they really do look absurd.
- Not that Wenger is going to sit on his hands, of course; he wants to move quickly.
- Over at the Daily Express, Gunners icon Bob Wilson talks about the concept of goalkeeping "presence"; some Arsenal supporters might wish that he actually said goalkeeping "presents" (Gigi Buffon wrapped up in a big red and white bow?).
- The Daily Mail suggests a summer job for Andrei Arshavin...
- ...who Arsène Wenger says has a slight chance to play at Blackburn, which just makes me think of one thing (second goal in clip). (Not that the others are bad, mind).
- Goonerholic has a mindset when it comes to trophies that more or less mirrors my own, and which I think is important to keep in mind if only to stave off depression.
- And finally, because I'm a sucker for long-range screamers: here.