It's a new season, and with it brings (hopefully) some people who have never been to TSF before, or who have only lurked and not dipped their toes into the pool of awesome that is the TSF comment brigade. So right around this time every year, I like to do a little intro post, where you can introduce yourself, talk a little about yourself, and we can get to (internet) know each other a little better. A good way to do this is via prompting questions, so, here are prompts!
1. What's your name (just your first name, and only if you feel like sharing)?
2. How old are you (if you feel like sharing)?
3.Where do you live?
4. Have you lived there your whole life? If no, where were you born?
5. How did you become an Arsenal fan?
6. What's your favorite non-Arsenal sports team?
7. Give us one random awesome factoid about you.
8. What's your favorite band?
9. What's your current favorite beer or liquor (or non-alcoholic drink if that's how you roll)?
Here's some answers!
2. Portland, OR
4. No, I was born in Seattle and have also lived in Connecticut.
5. Long story that involves a trip to England, a box full of videotapes given to my by an Irish coworker upon my return, and the 1991 championship-winning team.
6. In terms of longevity, the Seattle Mariners; in terms of intensity, the Portland Timbers.
7. I bike about 3,500 miles a year, and just completed my first 100 mile ride of the summer. I have one more to go.
8. All time? The Jam. Current? Best Coast (recency bias alert: I saw them last night and they were great, and The Only Place is my favorite album of last year)
9. Anderson Valley Summer Solstice is in pretty heavy rotation in my house, as is Occidental's Kolsch.