Here are your Arsenal links and reactions to yesterday's 6 - 5 victory against Legia Warsaw:
- Yogi's Warrior of A Cultured Left Foot points out in his reaction that if Szczesny is indeed the keeper of the future, getting solid, experienced competition for him now would not be a bad idea.
- Arseblog points out that 6 - 5 could pretty accurately sum up the state of Arsenal right now, and he also makes the important point that it's not as if Arsène Wenger has simply not even tried to sign any more players this offseason (with an incredible Tekken reference).
- Wenger himself says that one must detach oneself from preseason results, which is about the only thing one can say after a scattershot 6 - 5 match, isn't it?
- Kieran Gibbs and Jack Wilshere have both been called up, along with Theo Walcott, for England's friendly against Hungary this week. Wenger points out that Gibbs' return to full strength is exactly what Arsenal and England need.
- In an interview with The Observer's Amy Lawrence, Wenger talks about his future, saying that the upcoming contract expiration marks his last opportunity for a new challenge. He does seem to lean towards remaining at Arsenal, however.
- Young Guns rounds up the performances by Arsenal loanees Sanchez Watt and Luke Freeman (who scored the winner!) in yesterday's Football League openers.
- And finally, in honor of his performances this preseason, here's Samir Nasri scoring Arsenal's second (great great work from Walcott pulling away the center half) against Manchester United two seasons ago.
Have a good Sunday, everyone.