The World Cup looms, the only thing keeping the summer from turning into one all-consuming, megalithic transfer rumor. For the part of everyone that loves the thought of new blood injected into the Arsenal system, there are rumors aplenty out there; for the other part of everyone, the Cup starts in five days. Five days!
Here's a brief roundup of what's being said about Arsenal out there on the series of tubes:
- Yogi's Warrior at A Cultured Left Foot discusses the implications of the captain transferring, and argues that losing Robin van Persie was more damaging to the club's ambitions.
- Arseblog, in his inimitable sweary, hungovery style, lays into Joan Laporta's disingenuous efforts.
- Nicklas Bendtner has been struggling with a groin problem again (football-wise, not nightclub-wise), but it seems he thinks he will play at the World Cup.
- Henry Winter at the Telegraph discusses Fabio Capello's decision to cut Theo Walcott from the England squad and seems to hold out little hope for his future as a winger.
- And finally, here's another great goal from a man who could be Arsenal's strongest performer at the World Cup.