Good morning. It seems that the World Cup is getting crazier and crazier, as both Didier Drogba and Rio Ferdinand appear to be set to miss out on the finals due to injuries picked up in warmup matches. Here is the Arsenal news and commentary of import from this week:
- A former Spurs player has said that Theo Walcott has no footballing brain, and that this is why he is missing the World cup. Hmm.
- Because, you see, that's not exactly what Fabio Capello says.
- David Beckham has been hard at work keeping Walcott's spirits up, which is nice to see.
- Carlos Vela scored a good goal for Mexico in their win over Italy yesterday. Honest question: Should Arsenal should try to keep him?
- Richard Farley on the SBNation soccer main page argues that Barcelona deliberately underbid on Cesc Fábregas in an attempt to "plant the seed", as it were.
- The SBNation soccer main page is always worth checking out. Also, check out the other SBNation Premier League blogs that are up and running: Royal Blue Mersey, The Busby Babe, 7500 to Holte, Cottagers Confidential, and Bitter and Blue.
- And finally, it's always good to watch a goal against Manchester United, even if it is ten years old.
Have a good weekend.